Recipe by papergoddess
Classic old recipe. I got this one from my mom. My husband and I practically lived on this when we were first married.
Top Review by Hey Jude
VERY good! I made this as is with some backyard chives that have avoided getting 'frosted'. I will definitely make this again, it's after-work friendly and the family loved it. Thanks Luanne, great recipe!
- 1 onion, minced
- 453.59 g ground beef (or 1/2 and 1/2) or 453.59 g ground turkey (or 1/2 and 1/2)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 9.85 ml flour
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 226.79 g sliced fresh mushrooms
- 29.58 ml catsup
- 118.29-236.59 ml sour cream
- parsley or chives or dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with onion until beef is no longer pink and onion is clear; add garlic and mushrooms; sauté about 2 minute.
- Drain excess fat.
- Add soup and remaining ingredients except sour cream.
- Simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and parsley, chives or dill.
- Serve with rice or noodles.