Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Classic old recipe. I got this one from my mom. My husband and I practically lived on this when we were first married.
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 lb ground beef (or 1/2 and 1/2) or 1 lb ground turkey (or 1/2 and 1/2)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1⁄2-1 cup sour cream
- parsley or chives or dill
- Brown ground beef with onion until beef is no longer pink and onion is clear; add garlic and mushrooms; sauté about 2 minute.
- Drain excess fat.
- Add soup and remaining ingredients except sour cream.
- Simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and parsley, chives or dill.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
VERY good! I made this as is with some backyard chives that have avoided getting 'frosted'. I will definitely make this again, it's after-work friendly and the family loved it. Thanks Luanne, great recipe!
I've made this recipe twice now. It's super easy to make, and I also like it because I typically have all the ingredients on hand. I made it with a combination of some chives and dill the first time and dill and parsley the second time. Good both times. My SO prefers a little more zest to his food, so next time I'll probably add some fresh ground black pepper or cayenne pepper to suit his tastes. I'll definitely make this one again. Thanks!
So good! I could hardly wait to put the sour cream in before eating some. I decided to add dill. I didn't add mushrooms though. SO YUMMY! Thanks