Recipe by linguinelisa
This recipe originally came from an old Betty Crocker Cookbook. It's a favorite of everyone who tries it out. Originally it called for you to brown the ground beef in 1/4 cup of butter but I thought the dish already had enough fat in it!
Top Review by kitty.rock
Very good and very easy - which was great for a busy weeknight dinner. I used grass-fed beef, gluten-free flour, and GF brown rice noodles. I skipped the mushrooms as I can't eat them but I don't think it detracted from the flavor one bit! Creamy and very flavorful - I mixed the noodles directly into the sauce instead of serving it on top. The family loved it. Thanks for posting the easy go-to recipe. Made for your 2012 Football Pool Week #5 win!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, or
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups hot cooked noodles
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion till brown. Drain grease from the pan. Add flour, salt, garlic salt black pepper and mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in can of chicken soup, return to heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and heat through.
- Serve over the hot cooked noodles and sprinkle with the parsley.