Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This a simplified version of my main Beef Stroganoff, great comfort food and a quick mid week meal.
- 453.59 g extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 226.79 g sliced mushrooms
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 304.75 g can low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 236.59 ml beef broth
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58 ml ketchup
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- salt and pepper
- parsley (to garnish)
- Lightly spray a large skillet with oil.
- Add the hamburger and onion, cook over medium high heat until the hamburger is no longer pink and the onions are tender, drain.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic. continue to cook for about 6 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the mushroom soup, beef broth, wine, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup mix in well. Season to taste.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes. Stir in the sour cream during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Serve over pasta.
This was a delicious and simple dish. I made his sirloin stroganoff and both were wonderful. Followed the directions and served over regular egg noodles served with a green salad and bread. Another keeper! Made in memory of Papa D.