Recipe by Papa D 1946-2012
This a simplified version of my main Beef Stroganoff, great comfort food and a quick mid week meal.
Top Review by mrsoul51
Delicious. Of all these "quick" ground beef stroganoff recipes this one takes a little longer but it is the best. The wine, the Worcestershire sauce, and ketsup are essential. So many other recipes leave out these flavor enhancers. Two changes - I didn't have mushroom soup and substituted cream of celery and cut the sour cream back to about 3/4 cup.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spray a large skillet with oil.
- Add the hamburger and onion, cook over medium high heat until the hamburger is no longer pink and the onions are tender, drain.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic. continue to cook for about 6 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the mushroom soup, beef broth, wine, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup mix in well. Season to taste.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes. Stir in the sour cream during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Serve over pasta.