Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of my all time favorites e.v.e.r. Only 6 ingredients, there is no reason for convenience foods when you have these in your pantry/fridge. The sour cream is essential to adding a tang to the dish. Make sure to add it to the end of the cooking process so that you don't curdle it. I hope you adopt this as one of your own.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- hot cooked noodles (8 ounces pre-cooked) or rice, if desired
- Cook beef, onion and garlic in 10-inch skillet over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in soup. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream, cook until hot. Serve over noodles.
Made for Spring PAC 2013...what a wonderful choice. I did use low-sodium soup and low-fat sour cream to make it a little healthier. Served it over hot noodles. Thank you for posting.
This was very good. My husband really loved it and ate two large servings. The only changes I made was that I added both salt and pepper to the meat, and I added some parsley just before serving for a prettier presentation. It dawned on me that if about 1/2 to 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese were added to the sauce it would also make a good meaty alfredo sauce in an alternate recipe. Thanks Johnsdeere...I've enjoyed making and reviewing your recipes for PAC Fall 2009.