Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great flavor, but this recipe doesn't use cream of mushroom soup.
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- egg noodles
- Sautee onion, garlic and mushrooms in butter over medium heat.
- Stir in meat and brown.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in soup. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream and heat through.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve over egg noodles with popovers.
I gave this recipe 5 stars. This recipe is so easy to make. I just love it. This was the first recipe I ever used to make stroganoff. I got my copy from Betty Crocker recipe card library it says it serves 4. My copy is slightly different it calls for 4oz canned mushrooms stems and pieces, drained, it doesn't call for parsley. It says you can serve it with Poppy Seed Noodles: Cook 8oz medium noodles as directed on package; drain. Stir in 2 tsp poppy seed and 1 tbl butter. It says brighten this popular casserole with a parsley or chive garnish from your kitchen garden or a generous shake of paprika. I've have used cream of mushroom soup and stew beef in a pinch. I serve this over egg noodles and mashed potatoes. Overall this is a great recipe. Thanks for posting it. Christine (internetnut)