Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tasty family-friendly meal. It can be easily doubled and adjusted for a lower fat content.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken and mushroom soup, condensed
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked
- In a large skillet, cook and stir meat and onion in butter until meat is brown and onion is tender. Stir in flour, salt, garlic, pepper and mushrooms; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in soup; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream; heat through. Serve over hot noodles.
- Possible substitutions:.
- for ground beef - ½ lb ground turkey and ½ lb ground beef.
- for butter - margarine.
- for canned mushrooms - fresh mushrooms.
- for noodles - rice.
- When doubling the recipe do not add more sour cream. Instead of 2 cans of Creamy Chicken Mushroom; use 1 can cream of Mushroom and 1 can cream of Chicken (it’s less expensive).
I make a recipe just like this all the time at home and my family LOVES it!