Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A family favorite for many years, ever since I found it on a recipe card at a local supermarket.
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 340.19 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml butter
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 9.85 ml salt
- 29.58 ml flour
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- Saute onions, mushrooms, and garlic in butter until soft.
- Add beef and cook until it loses pink color.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and flour. Blend in undiluted soup and tomato paste (I use 1 tablespoon of concentrated paste). Cook over low heat about 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serve over egg noodles or bow ties.
Tastes good, but you can get the same thing from " hamburger helper " yet alot less time
Good, easy comfort food! (Previous reviewer--Hamburger Helper indeed! This is MUCH better) I also used ground turkey. The tomato paste is a nice touch. Gave it a little extra zing. Made for TOP FAVORITES of 2009 COOKBOOKS TAG GAME
I made this exact same recipe over 25 years ago. I had lost the recipe and was glad I found it on Zaar. This is so quick and easy to make and tastes great. I love the addition of the tomato paste.