Recipe by Mille®
Fits just about any diet except vegetarian!
Top Review by Bogey'sMom
This is beyond delicious. The only change I made was that I added the dill to the entire dish at the end of cooking, mainly because I love dill. I used fat free sour cream and fat free yogurt, because that's what I had on hand. The taste is really better than any traditional stroganoff recipe I've ever prepared. Definitely a keeper and a frequent flyer in my kitchen. Thanks for posting.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1⁄3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 14 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add beef and saute until browned, about 2 minutes.
- Place on a plate.
- In same skillet over medium-high heat, cook mushrooms and ¼ cup of broth for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic; saute for 3 minutes.
- Stir in paprika until well blended.
- Add the remaining broth; cook for 4 minutes.
- While the mushroom mixture is simmering, cook noodles according to package directions, but do not add salt.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and yogurt.
- Mix well; set aside.
- Return the beef and any accumulated juices from plate to skillet; reduce heat to low and stir gently.
- Stir sour cream mixture into skillet; heat through.
- Drain the noodles in a colander.
- Place on serving plates and top with beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with dill and serve immediately.