Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Comfort food recipe from my Daughter
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced mushroom pieces
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, diluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine (optional)
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter.
- Stir in meat and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain off fat if necessary.
- Add flour, salt and pepper, cook 5 minutes.
- Combine diluted soup, mushrooms with their liquid, and sour cream.
- Stir into meat mixture and simmer 10 minutes.
- Prepare noodles and drain.
- Combine with stroganoff and serve.
My compliments to Chuckster for the recipe. I had to tweak it a bit for our spicier tastes. I added a touch of ground red pepper, used marsalla instead of sherry because it is a heavier flavor, and served it over toasted English muffins because it is lighter in carbs and calories. I think next time I will add some cinnamon, allspice, and a bit of nutmeg to the sauce.
This is a great stroganoff recipe and has the added bonus of being quick to fix! I added 1 tbsp of dill weed and deleted the flour. Also, the directions don't say when to add the wine, but I put it in when I added the soup and sour cream. This is also good served on rice. Thanks for sharing!
Great tasting recipe.