Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this in the 30-minute Light Entree section of the new Taste of Home Cookbook. It was submitted by Kathie and John Horst of Westfield, NY, and they describe it as: "Here's a quick teriyaki stir-fry that uses ground beef instead of the traditional beef strip. It's a nice treat for the taste buds."
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen asparagus stir-fry mixed vegetables (or your favorite stir-fry blend)
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and mustard.
- Stir in water and teriyaki sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, stir-fry vegetable blend and onion in oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add beef; heat through.
- Serve with rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.