PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this in the 30-minute Light Entree section of the new Taste of Home Cookbook. It was submitted by Kathie and John Horst of Westfield, NY, and they describe it as: "Here's a quick teriyaki stir-fry that uses ground beef instead of the traditional beef strip. It's a nice treat for the taste buds."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen asparagus stir-fry mixed vegetables (or your favorite stir-fry blend)
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and mustard.
- 2Stir in water and teriyaki sauce until smooth; set aside.
- 3In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- 4In the same pan, stir-fry vegetable blend and onion in oil until crisp-tender.
- 5Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan.
- 6Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 7Add beef; heat through.
- 8Serve with rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.2
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 246.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 28.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium teriyaki sauce