Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
In ‘Southern Plate’ by Christy Jordan
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 -6 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 1 (29 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 12 -24 ounces spicy hot v-8 juice (1-2 cans)
- 2 cups water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 -2 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- Place everything in a pot except for the ground beef.
- Bring to a boil over med-high heat, then decrease heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the ground beef and cook for another 30 minutes.