Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Hearty & yummy!
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 4 (1644.27 g) can stewed tomatoes
- 8 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 473.18 ml water
- 118.29 ml long grain rice, uncooked
- 14.79 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- Cook beef and onions over medium heat; drain. Add rest of ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover & simmer for 30 minutes until vegetables are tender. Uncover; simmer 20-30 minutes longer until thickened.
This stew is delicious! The only changes I made were to use beef broth instead of water and I stirred in some frozen peas at the end. This would be an excellent recipe for the slow cooker!