Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A hearty, quick supper. You can add additional vegetables as desired.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 2 1⁄3 cups canned tomatoes (1#3oz can)
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled & sliced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- Brown beef. Add onions and cook a few minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nice soup and easy to put together. I actually did it it in the slow cooker which made it "souper" easy, since I skipped the browning of the beef and just let the meat and onions cook in the slow cooker. I did add some broccoli we had on hand that I needed to use up, and I also added some broth. Yum. Made for PAC Fall 2012.