Recipe by Ackman
This is one of my favorites. It's easy to make & tastes SOOOOOOO good!!! Use an 80/20 or 85/15 ground beef for best flavor. Feel free to add any other veggies, but this is the way we like it!!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (I prefer Lawry's)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (I use Lawry's Seasoned Pepper)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth (undiluted)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 -3 potatoes, cooked & cubed
- 3 medium carrots, cooked & sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons celery, chopped fine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes & carrots in enough lightly salted water to cover until fork tender -- drain & set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Over med.-high heat, brown the ground beef in a heavy skillet until all pink is gone. Drain any fat.
- Add the seasonings & beef broth -- bring to a light boil.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour with a small amount of water or the beef broth to make a smooth, med.-thick paste.
- Stir the flour mixture in until well blended.
- Add the sliced onion ( & celery) -- simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cut up the potatoes & carrots (I prefer to leave the skins on, but you do as you wish.).
- Add them to to meat mixture & simmer for another 10 minutes.
- If stew seems too thick, stir a little of the water the veggies were cooked in or hot water until desired thickness.
- Serve over hot, fluffy rice.