Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This has ground beef and frozen veggies and is quick to fix when your in a hurry.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 -2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen vegetables
- Brown ground beef and onion.
- Add tomatoes and heat to boiling.
- Stir in bouillon cubes, water, rice, salt, basil and pepper and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in frozen vegetables cook until heated thoroughly.
Great taste. I increased the rice amount to a 3 cups which made it more like a stew than a soup. The family loved it!
I added some garlic powder and more rice. I also used can vegetables minus the water in the cans and chopped them very fine before adding to the stew which made it a hit with the grandkids because they couldn't see them,