1/2 Photos of Hamburger Stew
Okie Chef's Note:
I love this stew because it is so easy to throw together,and it goes great with a hot pan of cornbread. I suggest Sweet Cornbread (Sweet Cornbread). This recipe was my Great Grandma's and my Grandma taught it to me. It was hard for me to put this in recipe format because it is all in my head. You can adjust some of the ingredients to suit your family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs hamburger
- 1/2 tablespoon instant minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can carrots, undrained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can peas, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1Brown hamburger, garlic, salt, black pepper, and oregano in a Dutch oven over medium heat; drain.
- 2Return meat to pot.
- 3Add Worcestershire sauce, potatoes, onions, carrots, tomatoes, green beans, corn, peas and tomato sauce.
- 4Stir to combine.
- 5Over medium-high heat bring to a slight boil; reduce heat to low; cover.
- 6Continue simmering stew, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- 7This stew can easily be tweaked to your family's tastes. I have added cabbage, okra, zucchini and various spices.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Stew
Serving Size: 1 (661 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 794.5
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 114.1 mg
- Sodium 987.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.2 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 53.3 g