Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
An inexpensive, stick to your ribs kinda meal that's very easy & kids love!
- 1 lb ground beef (ground chuck is best)
- 4 -5 large potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn (Green Giant works well)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 5 -6 ounces milk
- Peel potato & cut into cubes. Put into large saucepan & add water to cover with a bit of salt. Put over high heat.
- Cook corn according to package instructions.
- Peel & dice onion & garlic.
- Cook onion in large saucepan with a little butter. Cook over medium heat until it starts to brown.
- Add beef & turn burner to medium-high. After meat begins to brown turn beef and break into bite size pieces, turn burner down to medium-low, making sure meat is no longer pink but make sure not to burn.
- Mash potatos with butter, milk, salt & pepper.
- Serve on a plate with all ingredients mixed together, making the stew. Enjoy!
This was very easy and tasted good. Although i would call this more of a sheppards pie then a hamburger stew. I sprinkled some cheddar on top and it was a hit!