Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is delicious--my kids rave over it!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger, browned, drained (add water to cover meat)
- 1 medium onion
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut up
- 1 chopped garlic cloves or 1 garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Gravy Master or 1 tablespoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 tablespoon instant beef bouillon
- Put all ingredients in pot. Add more water to cover vegetables, if needed.
- Cover and simmer lightly 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- May be thickened to your liking.
My 11 y/o a wannabe cook, hose to make this for dinner tonight. Overall I would say it is okay but nothing great. The flavor was pretty bland and really needed extra seasoning. On the plus side, most folks will have the ingredients on-hand and the directions are simple. We did choose to thicken as it was more soup than stew. This is a good starting point but next time we'll add peas, extra bouillon, and maybe even a touch of hot sauce to up the flavor factor.