Recipe by Nancy Sneed
Easy, satisfying, and one of my favorites. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice for the gravy.
Top Review by bubba268
This was a real hit with my husband and 5 year old grandson. Easy to make with delicious flavor. I did add some bell pepper just because I had it in the garden. Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 slices bread, torn (I put them in my mini food processor and make crumbs)
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped (divided)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- Form patties and fry over medium heat until no longer pink inside.
- Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In skillet heat about 3 TBSP cooking oil, add 1/4 cup chopped onion and cook til browned.
- Add 3 Tbsp flour and brown til the color of a penny.
- (I think the darker the roux the better the gravy) Add water till desired thickness.
- Place patties in the gravy and let simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.