Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A DH favorite, served with mashed potatoes. Comfort food! I think I found it in a magazine (Southern Living?) years ago.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt and pepper ground beef. Form into 6 patties.
- Brown in hot oil over medium high heat, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
- Add onion and green pepper to pan. Saute about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, and mustard. (I sometimes add a little Kitchen Bouquet at this point.).
- Blend and return hamburger patties to pan.
- Bring to boil, cover, and reduce heat.
- Simmer until patties are no longer pink, about 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook 5 minutes more.
Very good and easy to make. I needed a quick dinner as I was going out and a had ground beef pulled. My pack of ground beef was a pound and a quarter. I got five patties out of that. I followed the rest of the recipe as written other then my tomato sauce was 15 ounces. We all enjoyed these. It was very easy meal to make on a busy weeknight.
Well you're right ~ this is a definite DH pleaser! Great flavors, and so easy to put together for a busy weeknight. I think the Worcestershire really takes the flavor up a notch! Thanks LaLa Lola ~ another new keeper recipe. Made for PAC FALL 2009!
These hamburgers were great! Loved the sauce with the onions and green peppers. Reminded me of the meatballs I make for my stuffed green peppers. DH also loved these and will be making them again! Made and reviewed for PAC 2008.