Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick, easy and delicious comfort food dish. Makes lots of gravy and wonderful served with garlic mashed potatoes.
- Combine all hamburger ingredients except flour.
- Shape into patties and dredge in flour.
- Brown patties in oil in heated skillet over medium high heat.
- Remove from skillet.
- Combine all gravy ingredients in a bowl, mixing well with a whisk.
- Pour into skillet, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper; can also add a little more seasoned salt.
- Place patties into gravy and turn to coat.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until done.
I have been looking a long time for my granny's Salisbury steak recipe. I am happy to say this tastes like it to me! I did not have Worcestershire and subbed A1. I also added a tablespoon of A1 to the gravy like my granny always did. We loved it!!! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
I used ground round and I added alittle bread crumbs and some more of the soup mix to the gravy and it was absolutley delicious!!! Thank you for posting!
Made this tonight with ground venison instead of ground beef, used Lipton beefy onion soup, and added a splash of Kitchen Bouquet since we like our gravy a little darker brown. It was perfect and so easy. Thanks for sharing!