Recipe by Marie
Quick, easy and delicious comfort food dish. Makes lots of gravy and wonderful served with garlic mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Meowser
I have been looking a long time for my granny's Salisbury steak recipe. I am happy to say this tastes like it to me! I did not have Worcestershire and subbed A1. I also added a tablespoon of A1 to the gravy like my granny always did. We loved it!!! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup self rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup self rising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all hamburger ingredients except flour.
- Shape into patties and dredge in flour.
- Brown patties in oil in heated skillet over medium high heat.
- Remove from skillet.
- Combine all gravy ingredients in a bowl, mixing well with a whisk.
- Pour into skillet, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper; can also add a little more seasoned salt.
- Place patties into gravy and turn to coat.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until done.