1/9 Photos of Hamburger Steak (Hache) Au Poivre
MA in Florida's Note:
I got this recipe, years ago, when visiting out in California. It is good for family and/or company (even plain meat and potatoes people like this one!). I am posting it as it was written, but I always double the sauce ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shape meat into patties of equal size.
- 2Sprinkle with salt.
- 3Sprinkle all over with the crushed peppercorns and press down on meat to help peppercorns adhere.
- 4Heat a heavy skillet and do not add fat of any kind.
- 5When skillet is quite hot add the patties.
- 6Cook about 5 minute on one side.
- 7Using a spatula, quickly up patties and turn.
- 8Cook about 5 minute longer (10 minute for well-done).
- 9Remove patties to a warm platter.
- 10Add 1 tablespoon of the butter to the skillet.
- 11Add shallots to the skillet and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon until shallots are wilted.
- 12Add the wine and cook 1 minute.
- 13Add the cognac and let reduce to about half.
- 14Add the beef broth and cook until reduced to about 3 tablespoons.
- 15Swirl in the remaining butter.
- 16Return patties to skillet (off the heat) and turn once.
- 17Serve garnished with the parsley.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Steak (Hache) Au Poivre
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.9
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 132.6 mg
- Sodium 206.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 30.2 g