Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a really yummy recipe for hamburger and gravy.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground round or 1 lb ground chuck or 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, plus extra
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup drippings or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon
- Mix ground beef, salt, pepper, onion powder, and milk.
- Form into patties, they will be loose.
- Mix flour with as much pepper as you like.
- Dredge patties in flour mixture on both sides.
- Place in hot buttered pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove patties.
- Save any drippings that remain and add enough butter to make a 1/4 cup of drippings.
- Add flour and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add water and bouillon.
- Add patties back to gravy and cook on med-low for 20 minutes.
Perfect burgers! Love the tip for dredging them in flour before frying, makes all the diference! I like a white gravy with Hamburger steak so I didn't use the recipe for the gravy but followed the recipe for the burgers to the letter, oh, did have to use dried onions as that was all I had. Very yummy, thanks again for a winner!
I made this last night for supper because I wanted something different with hamburger meat. This was very good and my 2 kids told me it's one of their new faves! The only thing I did different was saute onions in the drippings before I added the flour to the pan. Very good, thanks for the new recipe!
I thought this was very good. Bf thought it was salty. I didnt think so till the next day. I would just cut down on that. Other than that, i thought it was excellent.