Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the easiest dish to prepare. DH really enjoys this with some mashed potatoes, peas and cornbread.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced dry onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 ounces brown gravy mix
- Mix ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, garlic, salt, pepper and onion.
- Pat out 4 patties.
- Using a wooden spoon handle and make a hole in the center of the patty.
- Fry patties over medium-high heat until well done.
- Drain grease.
- In a separate pan heat cream of mushroom soup, water and package of brown gravy until smooth.
- Pour gravy over patties and simmer covered for about 10 minutes.
Great comfort food recipe. With the exception of using torn bread instead of breadcrumbs (I like the texture of the patties better with bread), I followed the recipe as written. I made the patties earlier in the day and kept them refrigerated until ready to cook. Very easy to make and is ready in no time. I served these with Recipe #99815 and Recipe #77143. Made for July 2011 All You Can Cook Buffet.
I made several changes. First of all, I used some chopped green onions instead of the dry onion in the steaks. I used garlic powder instead of minced garlic. I browned the steaks for about 20 mins on med-low heat. I removed them from the pan then I sauteed 1/2 of a large onion in slivers as well as several mushrooms. I then added those to the patties. In the empty skillet I placed a can of cream mush, 1 can of water, and a package of LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX. I don't ever have gravy mixes on hand, but always have Lipton OSM. The sauce was wonderful! Very hearty dish. I was out of mashed potatoes, but I did have some cheesy scalloped potatoes on hand, so that did. I'm looking forward to trying the LA's Mashed Potato Spinach Casserole next time. AWESOME DISH!
This was DEEEELICIOUS! I am eating leftovers now and remembered to post a rating. I've made this gravy before but wanted to try your steak recipe because it seemed easy and season-y (for lack of a better term). I used Onion Powder and Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs instead of breadcrumbs. They smelled so yummy while browning in the skillet. This made 6 small patties for me. Plenty for my boyfriend and I. I served with my spicy sweet potatoes and steamed green beans.