Recipe by Parkers Mom
This is the easiest dish to prepare. DH really enjoys this with some mashed potatoes, peas and cornbread.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
Great comfort food recipe. With the exception of using torn bread instead of breadcrumbs (I like the texture of the patties better with bread), I followed the recipe as written. I made the patties earlier in the day and kept them refrigerated until ready to cook. Very easy to make and is ready in no time. I served these with Recipe #99815 and Recipe #77143. Made for July 2011 All You Can Cook Buffet.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced dry onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 ounces brown gravy mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, garlic, salt, pepper and onion.
- Pat out 4 patties.
- Using a wooden spoon handle and make a hole in the center of the patty.
- Fry patties over medium-high heat until well done.
- Drain grease.
- In a separate pan heat cream of mushroom soup, water and package of brown gravy until smooth.
- Pour gravy over patties and simmer covered for about 10 minutes.