This hamburger requires no bun.
Make and share this Hamburger Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- hot cooked egg noodles (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, worcestershire, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper; shape mixture into 5 (1/2-inch thick) patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add beef patties, and cooke for 4-5 minutes per side or until browned.
- Remove patties from skillet, and set aside.
- Drain skillet, reserving 1 T skillet drippings.
- In the same skillet, heat reserved drippings over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes, or until tender.
- Return beef patties to skillet.
- In small bowl, combine consomme, broth, and gravy mix; add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until beef patties are cooked through and sauce is thickened.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked egg noodles, if desired.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.