Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This hamburger requires no bun.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- hot cooked egg noodles (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, worcestershire, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper; shape mixture into 5 (1/2-inch thick) patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add beef patties, and cooke for 4-5 minutes per side or until browned.
- Remove patties from skillet, and set aside.
- Drain skillet, reserving 1 T skillet drippings.
- In the same skillet, heat reserved drippings over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes, or until tender.
- Return beef patties to skillet.
- In small bowl, combine consomme, broth, and gravy mix; add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until beef patties are cooked through and sauce is thickened.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked egg noodles, if desired.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Good gravy! Oh yeah...this was some good gravy. Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
Had this for supper last night and everyone loved it. Next time I might add some flour to thicken the gravy a bit more but other than that is was very good.