1/2 Photos of Hamburger Spanish Rice With Bacon
Domestic Goddess's Note:
This meaty Spanish rice has lots of flavor. Every time I make this dish, it reminds me of my childhood days when I was in grade school, and the delicious hamburger Spanish rice which was served for lunch. Prep time includes cooking the bacon, hamburger, and vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices bacon, thick sliced bacon
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 of one green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, cut-up
- 2/3 cup long grain white rice
- 1In a 12-inch skillet, cook bacon slices until crisp; drain on paper towel and set aside.
- 2In the same skillet, along with the bacon grease, brown the hamburger and cook the vegetables; then drain in a colander.
- 3Return cooked beef and vegetables to the skillet, then add the remaining ingredients.
- 4Crumble bacon slices, and add to the skillet, and stir.
- 5Bring ingredients in skillet to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 6Note: You can substitute stewed tomatoes for the regular canned tomatoes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Spanish Rice With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.4
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.4 mg
- Sodium 957.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 23.2 g