Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe has been in our family for years. If you like a little sweetness added to your sauce, this spaghetti sauce is the best I have ever tasted. Hope you enjoy, try it out sometime!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger, browned
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- Brown hamburger.
- Mix all ingrediants together in a crock-pot and simmer on low all day, Or mix all together in a skillet or sauce pan.
- Just simmer until hot and ready to serve.
Thank you for a sauce that will allow me to increase the protein content to meet Ron's dialysis needs as well as limit his sodium intake. Superb homemade flavor even though I used the saucepan method. Not too sweet & definitely not bland. MANY thanks.