Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found a recipe that had similar ingredients one time on line, but changed it, and adapted it to my taste buds, and it has become a favorite of mine. This is one of those recipes that I can eat over and over as leftovers and never seem to get tired of. Everyone always comes back for seconds (at least) when this is served.
- Fry hamburger and garlic together. Drain grease. Add salt, pepper, sugar, and tomato sauce. Simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Cook egg noodles in salted water. Drain noodles and butter them if desired.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and green onions together in small bowl and set aside.
- In a greased 9x13, alternate layers of 1/2 of the noodles, then dollop half of the sour cream mixture. ladle 1/2 of the hamburger mixture over sour cream mixture, then repeat layers.
- Top with shredded Italian cheese and bake 350 for 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
This is absolutely fantastic! Pasta is not one of my husband's favorite dishes, but he loved this! It's a winner! A 9x13 pan turned out to be too much for us to finish, so I lined a 9x9 pan with foil, slid the rest of the pasta into the pan, placed a layer of foil on top, labeled and dated it. I froze it in the pan. When it was frozen, I removed it from the pan so the pan could be reused. Today (several weeks later) I put the frozen pasta along with the foil back into the pan and baked it at 350 degrees for about 1 hr. 20 min. (I removed the top layer of foil for the last several minutes.) It was fantastic - just as good as the first time.
Fixed this last nite for dinner and this was an excellent dish!!!! My wife and 9 yr old daughter are very picky eaters absolutely went nuts for this!! Recipe didn't specify how to do the garlic (chopped, minced, crushed, etc.) so I minced it and added to hamburger. I did send a msg to ksc3245 and she later replied this was how she did the garlic!! Thanks ksc this will be made many times!!!! I also added a few crushed red peppers for a little heat!!