Recipe by ksc3245
I found a recipe that had similar ingredients one time on line, but changed it, and adapted it to my taste buds, and it has become a favorite of mine. This is one of those recipes that I can eat over and over as leftovers and never seem to get tired of. Everyone always comes back for seconds (at least) when this is served.
Top Review by sjboswell
This is absolutely fantastic! Pasta is not one of my husband's favorite dishes, but he loved this! It's a winner! A 9x13 pan turned out to be too much for us to finish, so I lined a 9x9 pan with foil, slid the rest of the pasta into the pan, placed a layer of foil on top, labeled and dated it. I froze it in the pan. When it was frozen, I removed it from the pan so the pan could be reused. Today (several weeks later) I put the frozen pasta along with the foil back into the pan and baked it at 350 degrees for about 1 hr. 20 min. (I removed the top layer of foil for the last several minutes.) It was fantastic - just as good as the first time.
- 1 lb hamburger or 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 6 -8 green onions (chopped)
- 1 (15 ounce) bag egg noodles
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry hamburger and garlic together. Drain grease. Add salt, pepper, sugar, and tomato sauce. Simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Cook egg noodles in salted water. Drain noodles and butter them if desired.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and green onions together in small bowl and set aside.
- In a greased 9x13, alternate layers of 1/2 of the noodles, then dollop half of the sour cream mixture. ladle 1/2 of the hamburger mixture over sour cream mixture, then repeat layers.
- Top with shredded Italian cheese and bake 350 for 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly.