Top Review by jean
This was so tasty and easy to make. I did add a can of diced tomatoes with garlic and onion and used a 14 oz can of beef broth. I also added about 2 tablespoons of sugar. Thanks for a recipe that filled us up and warmed us up on a cold winter night.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, Chopped
- 1 cup carrot, Sliced
- 1 cup celery, Sliced
- 1 cup cabbage, Sliced
- 1 (6 ) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups beef bouillon or 3 cups beef stock
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, brown hamburger adn drain thoroughly.
- Add onion, carrots, celery and cabbage.
- Combine tomato paste, worcestershire sauce and beef stock/bouillon.
- Add to crock pot, with Hamburger an stir to blend.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, or high setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- This is an updated version of an old chuckwagon recipe.
- They would use finely diced beef and the vegetables and let them cook all day at roundup time.