Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Lots of flavour. Pure comfort food. I found the original recipe in Canadian Living magazine.
Make and share this Hamburger Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup small shell pasta
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Fry beef in a fry pan until no longer pink.
- Stir in onion, carrot, celery, garlic, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Drain off any fat.
- (There may not be any.) Chop tomatoes.
- Add to hamburger mixture.
- Stir in beef stock and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes until pasta is tender but firm and potatoes are done.
Yummy, Soup, easy to make, fast.My Dh loves soup, He sure enjoyed this one and had the left overs for lunch. I didn't have shell or small pasta so I used Orzo pasta. Other than that I made it just like the recipe said. Recipe is a keeper.
Wow! Great soup, MaeEast! My family (including two preschoolers) loved it, and our college-aged boarder has requested I make it again... and even wants to take leftovers to school tomorrow! Thanks for posting this recipe!
Very quick and easy soup. I was out of celery and I added a little frozen corn and some left over peas at the end of the cooking time. Also used elbow macaroni instead of shells. I think next time I'll use a bit more gartlic and omit the potatoes. Served with "Cheddar Bay" Biscuits #31206 this was a very satisfying dinner on a cold week night. Thanks Mae for posting.