Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From 1001 Low Fat Recipes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- Cook beef and onions in large saucepan until beef is browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.