Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My family loves this soup and I hope yours will, too!
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen sliced carrots
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen cut green beans
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- parmesan cheese (Garnish)
- Brown ground beef with onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add rest of ingredients, except beans and macaroni.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, covered.
- Continue simmering until the vegetables are tender.
- About an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and macaroni and simmer, uncovered, until macaroni is tender.
- About 15 minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese when serving.
- *This recipe can also be made in a slow cooker. Add the browned beef mixture and the rest of the ingredients, except the beans and macaroni. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Add the beans and macaroni and cook on high until the macaroni is tender. About 15-20 minutes. Add Parmesan cheese when serving.*.