Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a very hearty soup, great for cold winter nights.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans consomme
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 4 carrots (chopped fine)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 stalks celery (chopped fine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 8 tablespoons barley
- Brown meat and onions. Drain well. Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Simmer covered for at least two hours.
This is a family favorite from Best of Bridge. Thanks for posting