Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that has been in the family a long time. Good stuff and very inexpensive
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, beans lima beans)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- lemon pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- In large saucepan brown ground beef. Season well with salt, lemon pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Drain well.
- Add tomatoes, vegetables, bouillon cubes, tomato sauce, tomato juice and macaroni. Add about 1 1/2 cans of water (use the can from the tomatoes).
- Cook until heated.
- Sprinkle individual bowls with cheese.
This is really good and perfect for the end of the paycheck, when you need to cook but just don't have much in the cupboards! I added some frozen egg noodles (I like that they are more like homemade) and it was awesome. Thanks!
Very simple and great flavor - true comfort food. Made as written except only put half a bag of corn in (what I had) and omitted the cheese. I forgot the cheese and really didn't miss it (and I love cheese). This makes ALOT!
Delicious! I used real onion (a good sized one) instead of the onion powder, omitted the lemon pepper & cheese and doubled the macaroni. YUMMY! Also, I had to add some water (probably because I doubled the macaroni). My husband LOVED this soup - asked me to keep the left-overs for a quick dinner tonight. I will be making this soup again, for sure. Made for PAC March/April '09.