Recipe by KGCOOK
This recipe was handed to me by a long time friend. Its good, not over filling and different. I think it would be a good "any time" soup.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, cooked, drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 5 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3 celery ribs, cliced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 garlic bouillon cubes
- 2 tomato chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups cabbage, bite size
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef till done and drain.
- Put all remaining ingredients EXCEPT cabbage, in large stock pot and simmer.
- When vegetables are tender crisp, add cabbage.
- Cover and simmer till cabbage is done.
- You may add pasta, or other seasonings.
- I served this with garlic bread.
- I found the garlic and the chicken and tomato cubes at Wal-Mart in the Ethnic section.