Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have been making this for years. It comes from Mable Hoffmans Crockery Cookery.
Make and share this Hamburger Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 3 cups boiling water
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Crumble beef into crock pot. Add next 5 ingredients. Stir in water, tomato sauce and soy sauce; then add celery and carrots. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Turn control to high add cooked macaroni and Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook on high for 10-15 minutes.
Made this on our stove since I gave out our crock-pot. This was supposed to have been for lunch the next day but when my DH came home he just had to have this for dinner. Excellant, so easy to make. Sorry but I ran out of macaroni and chese. Still came out excellant!
This soup was awesome and SO, SO easy to prepare! No browning the ground beef and I didn't even cook the macaroni. (I turned the crockpot to HIGH the last 40 minutes and the macaroni turned out great!) Thanks for sharing, frozenmargarita - it is a keeper!