Recipe by frozenmargarita
I have been making this for years. It comes from Mable Hoffmans Crockery Cookery.
Top Review by BLUE ROSE
Made this on our stove since I gave out our crock-pot. This was supposed to have been for lunch the next day but when my DH came home he just had to have this for dinner. Excellant, so easy to make. Sorry but I ran out of macaroni and chese. Still came out excellant!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 3 cups boiling water
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble beef into crock pot. Add next 5 ingredients. Stir in water, tomato sauce and soy sauce; then add celery and carrots. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Turn control to high add cooked macaroni and Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook on high for 10-15 minutes.