Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy to prepare and hearty.
- 3 (10 ounce) cans beef broth, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, broken up
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced with juice
- 4 -6 carrots, sliced or diced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 (10 ounce) can green beans (optional)
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup macaroni, cooked
- Place beef broth, soup, tomatoes, mushrooms with their juice, carrots, celery, green pepper, onion and beans in large pot.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour.
- With 15 minutes remaining, brown ground beef and cook macaroni. Add to soup and season with salt and pepper to taste.
We all devoured this !! Due to a food processing malfunction (!!!) my vegies got almost blitzed to a puree but this did not matter and in fact the children could not detect anything that resembled a vegetable and it all vanished fast.