A delicious conglomerate of beef and vegetables in a rich tomato soup. I made this regularly when my kids were growing up. We ate a lot of ground beef because it was economical. This was an invention of mine while looking for another way to cook hamburger. I served it with cornbread or crackers. It was great!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs 80% lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped fine
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt (add more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced carrots, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can green peas, drained
- 2 large white potatoes, diced
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 cups water
- In large skillet, brown ground beef with onion, garlic, bell pepper, parsley and celery. Do not drain.
- Pour into a very large pot.
- Add beef bullion cubes and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper, and all vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are done.
- Serve with cornbread or crackers.
I love this soup..easy to make and delicious!!!
My Husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. It was easy to put together and absolutely delicious! I omitted the celery and green pepper and used 2 cans of mixed vegetables instead of the individual vegetables. And I only used 1 teaspoon salt instead of 2. It was very good and I will be making it again many times. Thank you for the recipe !!