1/1 Photo of Hamburger Soup
2 hrs 30 mins
A delicious conglomerate of beef and vegetables in a rich tomato soup. I made this regularly when my kids were growing up. We ate a lot of ground beef because it was economical. This was an invention of mine while looking for another way to cook hamburger. I served it with cornbread or crackers. It was great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs 80% lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped fine
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt (add more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced carrots, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can green peas, drained
- 2 large white potatoes, diced
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 cups water
- 1In large skillet, brown ground beef with onion, garlic, bell pepper, parsley and celery. Do not drain.
- 2Pour into a very large pot.
- 3Add beef bullion cubes and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil.
- 4Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper, and all vegetables.
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are done.
- 6Serve with cornbread or crackers.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Soup
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.0
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 824.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 10.6 g