Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came to me over 25 years ago from a very dear friend who was a fabulous cook. We often had it for supper with homemade buns. It is very nummy SheilaR
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 8 cups hot water
- 1 (2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup celery leaves
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup split peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup sliced carrot (more if you want)
- 1 1⁄2 cups of soup noodles
- Brown Hamburger.
- Put in large soup pot.
- Add all seasonings and soup mix.
- Stir in water, tomatoe sauce& soy sauce.
- Bring to boil and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare celery, celery leaves& carrots.
- Add to soup with split peas.
- Bring back to boil& simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add noodles& simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Add more water if necessary.