Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
just put these on the table and there never seems to be enough.graham and katie and logan can never seem to get enough.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 cup minced broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350. grease 15x10 inch cookie sheet with edges. in a skillet cook ground beef till pea size and brown and drain.
- in a large bowl mix remaining ingredients and spread in the prepared pan, including hamburger.
- bake 20 minutes to 25 minutes or until golden brown,and toothpick comes out clean. cool 5 minutes cut into any size square desired and dip into your favorite sauce. children love the original ketchup. serve warm.
- these freeze very well and thaw in the microwave quickly.
I tried this out as it seemed a quick and easy meal with veg - I look for easy meals to make with veg and meat. But we, my friends and I did not like it - the broccoli was soggy and overcooked and it was too cheesy. I had some bisquick given to me by a friend, but I am sorry I wasted it now - sorry smellykid, but this was not for me and my friends, but at least we tried it out - maybe we will make a different way next time.
I made these a few hours ahead of time, cooked it in a 9X17 pan, and it turned out tacky, and not alot of cheesy flavour. I used a mixture of preshredded cheddar/mozzarella/monterey jack. I love the ingredients in this square, just not together.