Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a simple recipe handed down by my Mom. I have no idea where she came up with the name, but it makes for interesting conversation when someone asks what I'm fixing for dinner and it's "Slum Gum" night!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small diced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground chuck and onions until the meat is no longer pink. Drain excess grease from the meat and return the meat to the skillet.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the skillets and simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
I wasn't sure if I liked the sound of this recipe, but I made it up anyway and it was a hit with everyone. My kids said it tasted a bit like Manwich and they gobbled it right up. Great recipe and quick and easy to make, thanks for sharing!