Recipe by Blos
This is a simple recipe handed down by my Mom. I have no idea where she came up with the name, but it makes for interesting conversation when someone asks what I'm fixing for dinner and it's "Slum Gum" night!
Top Review by Wolfangel
I wasn't sure if I liked the sound of this recipe, but I made it up anyway and it was a hit with everyone. My kids said it tasted a bit like Manwich and they gobbled it right up. Great recipe and quick and easy to make, thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small diced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground chuck and onions until the meat is no longer pink. Drain excess grease from the meat and return the meat to the skillet.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the skillets and simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.