Recipe by gwynn
Top Review by Helping Hands
This was surprisenly delicious! I am not a big "hamburger skillet" person, but, tonight I was looking for something a little different to do with hamburger, and was surprised at how much I liked this dish! I did have to wing it a bit, with ingrediants that I had on hand, so, instead of the green pepper, tomatoe slices, celery, cabbage, and potatoes, I used fresh, sliced mushrooms and a can of mixed veggies (which included potatoes). I also substituted scallions for the chopped onions. But, even with the changes, I feel like I got the "ambiance" of the dish, and it was delicious! Thanks for much for exciting me about "hamburger skillet" dishes! :-)
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 potatoes, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up 3 strips of bacon and fry until crisp.
- Add 1 lb hamburger meat and 3 tbsp chopped onions and brown.
- Add 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 tsp pepper and 1/2 cup water.
- Add the last 5 vegetables in layers.
- Cover and cook over high heat for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat and cook slowly for 15 minutes more.