Recipe by Cookin In Texas
When I was a kid my mom would serve this for dinner on cold days. It's a simple but filling dish. She made it with Brooks Chili beans which are sometimes hard to find. These beans have no meat in them.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef or 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cansof brooks chili hot beans
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare ground beef as you would if you were making thick 1/2 pound hamburger patties.
- Add salt, pepper and seasoning salt to ground beef.
- Fry the patties in pan until done,.
- While the ground beef is cooking, heat the beans until hot; set aside.
- When patties are done place each patty onto the center of a plate top each burger with the hot beans.
- Then top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.