- 5 lbs hamburger (don't use ground chuck)
- 5 teaspoons curing salt
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (crushed red pepper)
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper (pepper mill grind)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients & knead like bread;.
- refrigerate 24 hours
- knead again & refrigerate another 24 hours.
- shape into rolls ( easier to handle if you make 5 or 6 2" rolls ).
- bake on a sheet cake pan on a rack at 150 degrees. Turn over after 4 hours
- ( you might have to empty the grease out of the pan several times).
- keeps 5 weeks in frig or freezes well.