Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been making this and similar for years. The Subs that I noted make really great alternatives to change it up a notch. I especially like using sausage instead of Hamburger, it gives it a nice flavor.
- 453.59 g hamburger (1 lb chub of sausage is good Sub)
- 59.14 ml onion, Finely diced
- 226.79 g can cream of chicken soup (Broccoli or Mushroom would be great subs)
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
- 473.18 ml water
- 473.18 ml Minute Rice (Other kinds of rice could be used just adjust cooking time accordingly)
- Cook hamburger
- Add Onion. (I saute this seperately in a bit of soy sauce).
- Add Soup, Soy Sauce, Sour Cream, and Water.
- Bring to just a boil, then reduce heat to low and add Peas and rice.
- Cover and cook 10 to 15 Minutes. (I didn't stir or lift the lid for 10 min and it came out just right.).
- Optional: Sprinkle grated cheese over the top just before serving.
DH and DD said they would give this about two stars. DH said it needs more flavour, and next time I will add some oregano, thyme or pepper to the mix. DD did NOT like the looks of the meal. She did not think it look appetizing. For her, next time I will sprinkle some cheese on it. I am giving this four stars for the ease of preparation. Right now DH is eating another helping and thinks my 91-year old mother would be willing to eat this. DMom does not like spicy food. Thanks for the recipe!!
This was very tasty and easy. I made it tonight for my nephew and cousin. They thoroughy enjoyed it.I used pork sausage which gave it a very good flavor. I omitted the peas because my nephew does not like them, so I served corn with it. I will make this again. Made for New Kids on the Block.