Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One dish meal with a taco twist. From southern living magazine
Make and share this Hamburger Rice Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopemild taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- tortilla chips
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomato and green chiles and next 4 ingredients.
- Cook, covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook 15 more minutes; remove from heat.
- Sprinkle lettuce and next 5 ingredients over hamburger mixture.
- Stand tortilla chips around edge of skillet.
- Serve with chips and salsa.