One dish meal with a taco twist. From southern living magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope mild taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- tortilla chips
- 1Cook first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- 2Stir in tomato and green chiles and next 4 ingredients.
- 3Cook, covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Uncover and cook 15 more minutes; remove from heat.
- 5Sprinkle lettuce and next 5 ingredients over hamburger mixture.
- 6Stand tortilla chips around edge of skillet.
- 7Serve with chips and salsa.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Rice Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.9
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.2 mg
- Sodium 771.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 23.6 g