Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
One dish meal with a taco twist. From southern living magazine
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopemild taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- tortilla chips
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomato and green chiles and next 4 ingredients.
- Cook, covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and cook 15 more minutes; remove from heat.
- Sprinkle lettuce and next 5 ingredients over hamburger mixture.
- Stand tortilla chips around edge of skillet.
- Serve with chips and salsa.
Very good, easy weeknight meal. Added bonus: Only one skillet to wash. I made a few changes; I left out the added salt and the green onions. I didn't have any avocado, so I used some fresh tomato instead. I served this with heated corn tortillas instead of tortilla chips. We enjoyed this alot.
Great! Loved it all the way.Did not change nothing. Well we did fix our plates at the table. Everyone used the topping they wanted. Very good meal for us. Thank You so very much for posting. Hugs